ade a small start on a biggish project. Mostly it involved just checking my stash and measuring and counting and calculating stuff and generally making plans, so no pretty pictures to show for it. But I made a start, at least.
Actually, my biggest problem was deciding what to do – all semester I’ve been making a note of interesting ideas I wanted to try out, and things I wanted to make (not to mention the many many many works in progress hidden away waiting for me to get back to them…), and I had to somehow narrow down all the possibilities to just one. In the end, having another go at quilting won out. I’m not sure I’m quite up to a full sized quilt yet (or rather, I don’t think my sewing machine is up to it), so I’m going for a lap sized one for now, which will definitely come in handy at this time of year, when the heat doesn’t quite make it as far as the study, so I’m usually sitting in here with a blanket over my legs. As for the design, it’s another one of the “very simple technique leads (hopefully) to impressive-looking pattern” variety. I can’t remember where I found the original inspiration – probably on one of the blogs I was archiving for work – but it looked interesting, so I did a bit of googling and found a tutorial, and it looks like the sort of thing you can’t really go wrong with – sounds ideal 🙂
I’d like to think the experience will have taught her caution, but I know the next time I leave a bag on the floor she’ll be straight back inside it again. Investigating strange bags is what life’s all about when you’re Parsnips.