(Actually, at my first primary school we used to call it “tig” rather than “tag” – hmm, the great NZE vowel shift in action? (although that would be more likely to produce “teg”))
Anyway, the game as updated for the 21st century, and with its vowel duely restored, is this:
Name 5 of life’s simple pleasures that you like most, then pick 5 people to do the same. Try to be original and creative and not to use things that someone else has already used. Tag 5 people on your list.
Kimi tagged me, so here goes:
- Chocolate! Pretty much any chocolate will do, but for preference the really nice Swiss stuff we used to buy in Germany and I haven’t seen since (I’ve seen Swiss chocolate, of course, but not this particular brand), or if I have to stick to what’s locally available a nice box of chocolates from De Spa (if only I could afford them… I think I’ll have to stick to Cadbury’s).
- A good book and a comfy spot – curled up in front of the fire in winter, or lying under a tree in summer, I’m not fussy 🙂
- Getting up really early in the morning on a day when you don’t actually have to, and enjoying the calm that sits over the city when most of it is asleep.
- Being out in the country on a clear night and looking up at the night sky, and being blown away by the stars no matter how many times I see them.
- (One for Christmas) Managing to find the perfect gift for someone, and seeing the look on their face as they open the parcel.
And now I strike a slight problem. Just about everyone I can think of has already been tagged, so I don’t know who to tag for my 5 people 🙁
I know! If you’re reading this, and you haven’t already been tagged by someone else, consider yourself tagged by me! Hmm, maybe you should leave a comment to say you accept your tagging, just in case more than 5 people actually read this entry (unlikely, I know, but just in case…). So if there’s already been 5 people tagged, and you read this, you’ll have to go and find someone else to tag you, sorry (although given that this tagging thing is a geometric progression, within a few weeks the entire population of the world except you should have been tagged, so it shouldn’t be a problem finding someone to tag you…)