…but I’m sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for an important phone call, and can’t get on with any other work until I get it, and my brain is otherwise fried by the total chaos that has been work for the last couple of weeks (and which just got worse this morning – Friday really can’t come fast enough).
1. Where did you begin 2008?
2. What was your status by Valentines Day?
Status? Um, alive?
3. Were you in school any time this year?
Not school, but I was at university.
4. Did you have to go to the hospital?
No, but I was at the doctor’s more than I would have liked.
5. Did you have any encounters with the police?
Not in any official capacity.
6. Where did you go on vacation?
LONDON!!!! (Oh, and I may have popped in to Australia, Singapore, Wales, Spain, Canada and America on the way ;-))
7. What did you purchase that was over £100?
The tickets to do the above!
8. Did you know anybody who got married?
Several people, but nobody close enough to invite me to their wedding.
9. Did you know anybody who passed away?
Ming 🙁 But fortunately no humans (or at least, none close to me – only distant acquaintances).
10. Did you move anywhere?
11. What sporting events did you attend?
A baseball game in Texas, which I enjoyed much more than I ever imagined I would.
12. What concerts/shows did you go to?
“Nutcracker” at the Millennium Centre in Cardiff. I’m sure I must have been to more than that this year, but that’s the one that stuck in my mind.
13. Describe your birthday.
Quiet. And had a 9 in it.
14. What is the ONE thing you thought you would not do, but did, in 2008?
Go to the London convention? I definitely never expected that to happen!
15. What have been your favourite moments?
Every single moment of my trip.
16. Any new additions to your family?
No, but in a few months I’ll have a new niece.
17. What was your best month?
18. Who has been your best drinking buddy?
I don’t really go out drinking, so nobody.
19. Made new friends?
All over the world!
20. Favourite night out?
So many, most of them in April 🙂 But if I absolutely have to pick, having dinner with a bunch of mad Australians and Italians in London on the Saturday night of the convention.
21. Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
In airports. That’s what it felt like, anyway 🙂
Or at work.
22. Have you lost any friends this year?
Yes. One person who I used to consider my friend let her jealousy get the better of her, and did irreparable damage to that friendship as a result.
23. Change your hairstyle?
24. Have any car or bike accidents?
25. How old did you turn this year?
As I said above, it’s got a 9 in it. Which means next year’s the scary one…
26. Do you have a New Years resolution?
No, because I never keep them.
27. Do anything embarrassing?
I’m sure I have. But nothing bad enough to stick in my mind.
28. Buy anything from eBay?
29. Get married or divorced?
30. Get hit on?
Not in any serious way.
31. Been snowboarding?
32. Did you get sick this year?
Yes, several times.
33. Are you happy to see 2008 go?
Yes and no. Work-wise, I’ll be very happy to see it over – it’s been a stink of a year. Outside of work, it’s been a year of adventures, but there’s been some not so good stuff too. And of course, 2008 being over will mean it’s 2009, and that means CHRISTCHURCH 2009!!!!!! Which is incredibly exciting, but also terrifying!
34. Been naughty or nice?
Mostly nice, I hope.
35. What are you looking forward to most in 2009?