That worked surprisingly well

My overly-ambitious attempt at a harder paper-piecing pattern actually turned out pretty well.

Can you tell what it is yet?

All those bits put together.

The final product.
I still haven’t decided what to do with the heart I made the other day, but I knew what this one would be before I started. Making a bag with a kiwi on it seemed like the perfect farewell present for Jenny (who hopefully doesn’t actually read this blog – I don’t *think* she does, anyway.  Otherwise I’ve just totally spoilt the surprise…) – after all, what will make her fit in better in Queensland than looking like a New Zealander? 😉
The kiwi pattern was a definite challenge – it took ages, and there was quite a bit of unpicking being done as I tried to get everything to line up properly (and one of its legs is still a bit out), but it was fun to do, and I’m pleased with the end result.  The bag construction isn’t perfect (I really must learn to actually measure things in advance, instead of just making it up as I go along), but I think I managed to successfully hide the worst problems 🙂

Similar Posts


  1. Wow! I think that this is the hardest pattern that I have designed and I can honestly say that I have seen other paper piecers with a lot more experience than you, who have made a worse job of it!
    There’ll be no stopping you now!

  2. wow, thats impressive! Personally I kind of like the ‘no plan, fly by the seat of your pants’ approach to all crafts 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.