hat took a lot longer than expected (probably something to do with the number of unpickings and resewings I ended up doing, and not at all helped by changing my mind at the last minute about how I’d done the body of the butterfly (I’d originally used a lighter shade of grey to contrast with the wings a bit, but once I’d sewn it all together I decided it detracted too much from the cat face, so another session of unpicking and starting again)), but I finally have a finished butterfly that I’m mostly pleased with (the wings aren’t quite lined up properly, and there’s a bit where the fabric frayed from too many unpickings and I had to sneak in a tiny patch to cover it – probably not noticeable to anyone else, but I know it’s there…)
Well, sort of finished. To be properly finished I’d need to turn it into something other than just a block, but the challenge was just to make the block itself, so I’m counting it as finished enough for now. Maybe I’ll incorporate it into a proper quilt one day – just need to make a few more blocks to go with it…
While I am amazed at your quilting prowess, I am still quite distracted by your table. It’s the coolest table I know. 🙂
I think you’ll have to call it a Catterfly!
Well done! Thank you for really getting into the spirit of the challenge. What a great catterfly.
Good luck in the challenge.
Wonderful! Amazing! Butterflies really should have cat faces on them, to scare away predators!
Sooooo cute and original!
Butterfly amazing – your amazing – Well done
What an original take on the butterfly. Looks great.
WOW! That’s all I can say is wow, this is so beautiful!, can I pin it on pinterest it is so inspiring.
Thanks! And yes, do feel free to pin it.
Those eyes are amazing.
Such an original thought! Well done – beautiful butterfly!!