Well, my experiment in a new craft is going pretty well so far. It started with a couple of cheap tables off TradeMe and an old dictionary (Warning to bookcrossers and other booklovers, the following images contain graphic scenes of book abuse. You may want to look away now.):
It still needs another coat or two of varnish, and I have to decide if I want to do anything to the base, but I’m pretty pleased with how it’s looking so far!
As for the second table (modelled below by Parsnips), now that I’ve got the basic technique worked out, I’ve got even more ambitious plans…
In other news, I went to Avenue Q on Thursday night – just a local amateur production, but it was really well done and great fun. The actors did a great job with the puppets – I very quickly found myself watching the puppets’ faces instead of the actors’, which is probably a good sign they’re doing it right. It’s still on for a few more days, so Christchurch people I highly recommend you go!
*Harvestbird reckons that’s my new band name 🙂