Oh, go on then…
Did I say I never do these survey things? I must have lied 🙂
2. Name someone with the same birthday as you:
I can’t think of anyone. But welshamethyst’s is the day after mine, I think.
3. Last thing you ate:
A chocolate coated freeze-dried strawberry (one of the goodies Fuzzle sent us).
4. Have you ever seen the movie Hairspray:
Yes, years ago.
5. Are you homophobic:
Definitely not. One of my best friends is a lesbian, and I work with several gay men, so I’d better not be!
6. Last person you hugged:
7. Do you believe in God:
8. How many U.S states have you been to:
California, if you count the transit lounge of LAX.
9. How many of the U.S states have you lived in:
10. Ever lived outside of the US:
For my entire life 🙂
11. Name something you like physically about yourself:
The colour of my hair in the sunshine.
12. Something non-physical you like about yourself:
13. What is your dad’s name:
14. Who filled this out b4 you:
I’ve seen it on at least three other diaries so far today.
15. Who made you angry today:
Nobody. Yesterday, on the other hand…
16. Favorite type of Food?
Chocolate. Or Mexican. Actually, that Mexican savoury chocolate sauce I can’t remember the name of is pretty much my ideal food 🙂
17. Favorite holiday:
Show weekend. (That’s Canterbury’s Anniversary holiday, and it also happens to mark the end of exams at my university, so a three-day weekend is usually much needed!)
18. Do you download music:
No, but only because I don’t listen to a lot of music.
19. What illegal things have you done:
I was technically an illegal immigrant in Germany. (If you visit Germany, if you’re going to stay for more than three months you’re supposed to register with the local police. I ended up staying for nearly five months, and never did get around to registering…)
20. Where would you want to go on a first date:
A park, probably.
21. Would you date the person who posted this before you?
I might, except MrPloppy might get jealous. And I’m not sure how keen they’d be, given that they’re all female, and all (I think) in relationships…
22. Has anyone ever sang or played for you personally?
My mother used to sing me nursery rhymes, does that count?
23. Have you ever cried for no reason?
Never for no reason, but often for stupid reasons.
25. Have you ever bungee jumped:
No, but I wouldn’t rule it out.
26. Have you ever white-water rafted:
No, but I wouldn’t rule it out.
27. Has anyone ten years older than you ever hit on you?
Does inviting you for lunch and making a point of mentioning while inviting you that his wife is out of town count as “hitting on”? (I turned him down, in case you were wondering.)
28. Do you still watch cartoons on Saturday mornings:
29. Have you met a real redneck:
I lived on the West Coast for several years, so I met plenty of NZ’s version of rednecks.
30. How is the weather right now:
Dark 🙂 Actually, it’s overcast but warm because there’s been a nor’wester today.
31. What song are you listening to right now:
Nothing. The hum of the computer.
32. What are your current fav songs?
Can’t think of anything – it varies according to my mood, anyway.
33. What was the last movie you watched?
In a movie theatre, Pirates of the Caribbean 2, otherwise Farenheit 911 on TV the other night.
34. Do you wear contacts:
35. Where was the last place you went besides your house?
36. What are you afraid of?
Looking stupid. And spiders.
37. How many piercings and tattoos do you have?
Just one per ear.
38. How many pets do you have:
39. Have you ever loved someone:
Yes, of course.
41. What do you usually order from Starbucks:
Anything that doesn’t involve coffee.
42. Have you ever fired a gun:
Yes, many times.
43. Are you missing someone:
At this precise moment, no.
44. Fave TV show?:
Another thing that depends on my mood. Dr Who is a bit of a favourite at the moment… in fact, it’s about to start, so I’ll have to finish this later.
45. Do you have an iPod?:
46. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celeb?
Someone did tell me I looked like someone once, but I can’t remember who. It wasn’t very flattering, anyway.
47. What’s your mom’s name:
48. Who would you like to see right now:
Nobody at this precise moment.
49. Favorite band of all time?
I don’t think I have one – see favourite music.
50. Dogs or cats:
51. Have you ever been caught doing something you weren’t supposed to?:
52. Favorite flower:
53. Butter, plain, or salted popcorn:
Icing sugar. That’s what we always used to put on it when we made it. I was a teenager before I realised popcorn could be savoury.
54. What books are you reading:
See previous entry.
55. Have you ever ridden in a limo?:
56. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
57. Do you watch MTV:
Not since we left London. We don’t get proper MTV here.
58. What’s something that really bugs you:
Oh, hundreds of things. Mostly involving lies, deceit and lack of consideration of others, whether on a personal or global scale.
59. What are some things you really like doing:
Learning new things, stretching my brain, and being creative.
60. Do you like Michael Jackson:
As a musician, he’s ok. I can’t judge him as a person because all I know is the media image.
61. Can you dance:
Yes, but only in a way I enjoy. It probably doesn’t provide much pleasure to anyone watching!
62. Favorite basketball team:
Why would I want one?
63. Favorite cereal:
Apfel zimt loops. We had them in Germany and they were wonderful. Haven’t seen them since, unfortunately.
64. What do you drive:
65. What’s the latest you have ever stayed out:
To see the dawn.
66. Last time you went bowling:
About 10 years ago, somewhere in Shropshire.
67. WHO’S THE MAN?
“The” doesn’t make sense in this context. I can tell you who a man is, if that helps?
68. Who was your last phone call?
My brother, letting me know Sister-in-law will be dropping in tomorrow to pick up their car on her way down to Dunedin (where her sister has just been taken into hospital 🙁 ).
69. Last time you were at work?
Just under 4 hours ago.
70. What’s your favorite state to be in:
But does it contain the word floccinaucinihilipilification? How about antidisestablishmentarianism? Or the word pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis? Those are the true tests of a dictionary!
What a great prezzie!
I’d like a copy of Partridge’s Dictionary of Slang, but mainly because I need to consult it to be sure my characters aren’t speaking anachronistically. Fortunately the central library has a copy.
Mwahahahahahaha, the urge to answer pointless questions takes another victim!
Shropshire? Seriously? whats its like? Its actually on my ‘visit one day’ list as one half of my parental input orignates from there a few generations back. Family still has land there and all. Though most of them were errrr… asked to leave the country permanently.
I don’t know about 1755, but the first recorded use of floccinaucinihilipilification was in 1777. Antidisestablishmentarianism I believe was born in the 1800’s, and I know the pneumo word has it’s origin in much more recent years.